Thursday, October 25, 2012

#1: Ride Goliath by myself


Normally I am not afraid of going on roller coasters at amusement parks. I got over that fear in about 6th or 7th grade. Although I am not scared of actually going on rides, I was afraid of simply going on one roller coaster which is "Goliath" at Six Flags by myself. I can still remember the first time I ever went on that ride. It was on my twelfth birthday when I went with my older sister, older cousin, and one of my sister's friends. I was such a chicken because I did not want to go on but my sister's friend convinced me. Therefore, I went on the ride with him since he was the one who dragged me into it. I was so afraid the entire time that I was holding onto his hard so tight. I felt that my grip was going to stop the circulation of blood in his arm. Although I was nervous he was the complete opposite which I feel really helped soothe me. Since that day I have always told myself that I wanted to go on that ride by myself.


On October 12, 2012 I went to Six Flags with one of my friends Leslie. I had told her about how I had always wanted to go on Goliath on my own and about how it was the #1 thing on my Bucket List. She encouraged me to finally accomplish something that had been in my mind for over two and a half years. If it weren't for her encouragement I don't think that I would have ever built the courage to go on by myself. As the coaster was going up, up, and up all I could think about was the fact that no one was next to me to comfort me. As we approached the 250 foot drop my heart was racing and as we went down I was thinking about so many things. I was wondering if I would survive, although that sounds funny that was literally what I was thinking. Another thing running through my mind was how accomplished I felt and how proud I was. Once the ride was over I thought to myself "Wow you accomplished something you have always wanted to do. Good job!"

1 comment:

  1. So the first time I rode Goliath I felt fine, I was pumped that I was getting over my fear of heights. It was a pretty short line,I think that at the most we waited about 10 minutes, okay so I was getting into the roller coaster cart when the announcer starts saying that Goliath has a hundreds of some number drop and by that time they had locked the belts and I was not able to get out. I was absolutely terrified on the way up and I had actually started crying. I'm proud that you were able to go on by yourself ( I don't think I'd be able to do that, but I'd sure try).

    ReplyDelete