Friday, November 30, 2012

#2: Watch the first showing of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II with friends

One of my favorite series of books of all time is the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I first read Twilight when about four years ago and I instantly fell in love. The books were just so great and when I found out there would be movies I was thrilled. I have watched all of the first five movies Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn Part 1 during their opening weekends. The release date of Breaking Dawn Part 2 was Nov. 16 and my goal was to go to the first showing which was the midnight premiere. 
I took the first opportunity I could to purchase the tickets beforehand. I honestly didn't care where I would go to see it. The excitement I felt when purchasing these tickets was unimaginable. I literally began to jump around of joy when I received this confirmation email. On the night of the showing my family, friends, and I left our house at around 10:30 p.m. to try to get a good spot in line.  When we got there and I saw this I just felt the need to take a picture of it. We "thought" we were the first ones in line when in reality the line started on the other side and literally went across the building. I didn't care I was just focused on getting a spot in line. We were unfortunate enough to be standing in a spot where there wasn't anything above us and it began to rain. I truly didn't care about getting wet I was just too hyped up for something as silly as rain to get me down. Finally, we were let in a bit early because of the rain and at last I was sitting in the theater waiting for the FINAL twilight movie. 
Don't worry I won't get into too much detail because I wouldn't want to ruin it for those of you reading my blog who haven't seen it yet. What I can say is that it was such an AMAZING movie I can't even put it into words. I was very proud to say I have been a huge fan of it all since the beginning. To be quite honest I was bawling during the last seen because it was just so beautiful. The way the director put such a great story and concept into picture is very astounding and I commend the director for such a great job. When the movie finally finished I was very sad because it was ALL OVER!! I felt like I had nothing to do anymore because there was nothing to anticipate anymore. It was and still is a very sad thing for me. Since 2008 when the first movie came out I was curious to see how a director would piece together the last book into a movie and as I mentioned before the director did a great job. I still tear up today when I think about TWILIGHT being over forever. I promised myself I would read all the books at least once a year every year! I am truly a Twihard us crazy fans are known as. 






No comments:

Post a Comment